10 Jun Communications Officer – FAIRR
Type of position: Full time
Location: Office-based, London W1, UK
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public holidays
Closing date: 27 June 2018
Established by the Jeremy Coller Foundation in December 2015, the FAIRR Initiative is a collaborative investor network that raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global protein supply chains.
FAIRR helps investors to identify and prioritise these factors through cutting-edge research that investors can then integrate into their investment decision-making and active stewardship processes. FAIRR also runs collaborative investor engagements with global food companies to improve performance on selected ESG issues in intensive livestock production.
Founded in 2002, the Jeremy Coller Foundation is the philanthropic vehicle of private equity entrepreneur Jeremy Coller. The Foundation is a strategic grant-making organisation with two primary focus areas. Firstly, the Foundation is working to further venture and management education, partnering with Tel Aviv University on the Coller Institute of Venture and the Coller School of Management. Secondly, the Foundation seeks to address animal welfare, environmental and human health issues caused by factory farming through both grant-making and the FAIRR Initiative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FAIRR and JCF are hiring for a Communications Officer to lead on our marketing and content creation. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to influence investors and companies to drive change in the global food system.
FAIRR and JCF currently work with a number of external agencies on our communications efforts. The successful candidate will be managing these agencies and collaborating with ESG Communciations, which serves as our principal PR and Communications consultant.
- News response: Monitor global media for articles of interest and be responsible for the appropriate response.
- Content creation: Contribute engaging content for an investor and/or corporate audience, including blogs and articles
- Social media: Manage a more extended FAIRR social media output including a greater volume and diversity of posts that include infographics, and call backs to key FAIRR products and research
- Web design: Manage web design projects, working with a third-party agency to produce engaging and appealing online content from project ideation to completion
- SEO: Manage third-party agency and monitor performance against key KPIs
- Direct communications: Monitor and manage FAIRR’s mailouts to its list of contacts, coordinating and creating an appropriate schedule for direct mail
- Events: Plan and manage events, create powerpoint slides for speakers and conduct additional research where required
- Data analysis: Monitor and assess communications data, incorporating findings into FAIRR strategy when relevant.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in corporate communications, preferably in the financial orsustainabilty industry
- Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues, ideally in the food and agriculture space, or willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to organise the FAIRR team and wider membership for input to social media and news response content
- Ensure the FAIRR brand is appropriately presented across all external and internal communications
- Excellent producer of content, understanding JCF and FAIRR’s key messages and able toproduce content for tweets, blogs and powerpoints
- Design skills for basic items such as Twitter cards, flyers etc.
- ExperienceofusingcommunicationsdataincludingGoogleAnalyticstoinformorganisational strategy and reporting
- Experience of event management and producing speeches and presentations
- Experience of managing web design and SEO agencies
- Able to foster a good relationship with FAIRR’s external PR agency.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, cover letter, and a 300-500 word writing sample to email@example.com.
Closing date: 27 June 2019