08 Nov Compliance and Investment Administrator – Big Society Capital
About Big Society Capital
Big Society Capital improves the lives of people in the UK by connecting social investment to social enterprises and charities.
We know that investment can help social enterprises and charities achieve more. We believe the greatest chance to improve lives comes when investors and enterprises are both motivated by social mission.
We engage with investors, fund managers, social enterprises and charities to make it easier to use social investment. We, along with other investors, have made over £1.7 billion of new capital available to organisations with a social mission, through investments into intermediary organisations such as fund managers and social banks. We have a special focus on providing homes for people in need; supporting places and their communities to improve lives; and early action to prevent problems.
Key purpose of role
This role sits at the core of our Investment Group and the delivery of our investment process with a focus on supporting compliance management, investment enquiries and pipeline management. In addition, the role holder will contribute towards quality and effective administration across the Investment Group.
The role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator who wants to use their skills to support Big Society Capital to achieve its mission to improve people’s lives in the UK.
The Compliance and Investment Administrator will have experience in administrative roles with a significant compliance element, preferably within a financial and/or professional services sectors or another regulated environment.
This will be a varied and dynamic role working across Big Society Capital and with social investors that we have invested in. Key areas will include:
Compliance support (approximately 60%)
- Manage the Know Your Customer (KYC) process for all new and portfolio investments in line with Big Society Capital’s regulatory requirements and Anti Money Laundering guidelines
- Lead the collation, validation and compliance risk assessment for all investments which will involve proactively liaising with social investors, managing potentially sensitive client information, and using external sources such as Companies House and World Check
- Monitor and maintain KYC analysis and documentation for Big Society Capital’s portfolio investments including Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) screening, conducting refreshes periodically
- Support continuous improvement of the KYC process and awareness raising in the organisation.
Investment process support
- Monitor and respond to inbound investment enquiries by referring on to team members or signposting to external resources where the enquiry doesn’t meet our eligibility criteria
- Support the Investment Committee Secretariat to arrange meetings, prepare pipeline reports and agendas, collate and distribute papers, and take minutes
- Maintain our investment records throughout the investment lifecycle, including filing legal documents, ensuring our
- Customer Relationship Management system is up to date (Salesforce) and soft and hard copy documents are effectively filed
- Proactively support the continuous improvement of the investment administrative process and knowledge management using existing systems.
Twice a year we organise a three-day training for new joiners to Big Society Capital and for the broader social investment sector. The role holder will:
- Coordinate the bi-annual induction programme including agenda setting, sourcing speakers in collaboration with colleagues, communicating with attendees, collating materials and managing the event logistics
- Collate and analyse feedback after the training, sharing it with the wider team to help improve future sessions.
- Provide general administrative support as required across the Investment Group, working closely with the existing Investment Group Administrator and other administrative roles across the organisation.
We are a lean and nimble organisation, and the appointed Compliance and Investment Administrator is encouraged to build a role for themselves and shape our team and approach.
- A strong background in administrative support roles with a significant compliance element
- Experience of working in a varied role and managing a diverse workload, that at times has conflicting priorities, to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, and building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Good IT skills with some experience using Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Some experience of managing data and filing using CRM system and physical document filing
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Experience of regulatory compliance administration, particularly carrying out KYC processes
- Experience working in financial services and/or professional services sectors
- An interest in social investment and/or the not for profit or public sectors
- Experience of Salesforce, ideally as a super-user or System Administrator
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- A quick learner with a hunger to grow and develop
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Proactive and creative in your approach to work
- Able to prioritise effectively and take ownership of tasks
- Logical and thoughtful when dealing with change
- Someone who thrives in a varied role
- A confident and effective communicator
- Flexible and willing to take on additional tasks to support the team
- Someone who works with integrity and discretion
Salary and Terms of Employment
This is a permanent, full time role, open to flexible working.
All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK.
Salary – £33,000-£37,000 (depending on experience).
Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential.
Please apply through BeApplied – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/6dtcr0j6ah
Deadline – Midday on Sunday 1st December 2019
Interviews – If your application is successful, you will be invited to a first-stage interview with Big Society Capital in early December. Second-stage interviews will be held in mid-December.