01 Mar Data Analyst
Pioneering sustainable investment firm seeks dynamic, dedicated Data Analyst.
WHEB Asset Management LLP (‘WHEB’) is a pioneer in sustainability investing. Founded in 2009, WHEB is an independent owner-managed partnership based in London but investing globally. WHEB’s investment philosophy is that superior returns can be achieved by investing in solutions to the pressing sustainability challenges the world currently faces. In addition, these superior returns are best achieved by investing for the long term in companies that successfully manage their environmental and social footprint, and have good governance.
As a certified B Corporation, WHEB strives to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to achieve profit through purpose. B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment. We were pleased to be recognized as a Best for the World Honoree for 2017 and 2018 (Best for Customers).
WHEB is certified as a Living Wage Employer and committed to paying the difference between what is legally required and what is ethically right.
We are also committed to supporting our employees and their families through flexible working practices and enhanced employee benefits packages, to enhance the work-life balance of our employees, whatever their role.
Data Analyst Role
WHEB is seeking a full-time Data Analyst, based in London, who will join the team with responsibility for performance measurement and portfolio analytics, client and management data, reporting to the Finance, Compliance & Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will join WHEB’s current team of eight people focused on a single long-only, global, listed equity investment strategy built around sustainability themes. This investment strategy employs a fundamental and long term approach based on a deep understanding of the companies and industries the WHEB funds invest in (currently the flagship FP WHEB Sustainability Fund alongside the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund which is distributed via a joint venture arrangement in Australia).
WHEB is a small firm, so the responsibilities of the position are broad-ranging, and cover a wide spectrum, making for a dynamic and exciting role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collecting and interpreting (primarily investment and fund) data; – Analysing results;
- Reporting results back to the relevant members of the business; – Identifying patterns and trends in data sets;
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes, including development of existing and new models and analysis techniques;
- Assisting the operations, business development and investment teams, as well as the senior management team.
The Successful Applicant
The ability to pay attention to detail, communicate well and be highly organized will be essential to this role, to ensure that the successful candidate can not only understand the data analysed but also provide insight through clear visual, written and verbal communications.
Key skills and requirements:
- at least three years’ experience in investment markets using data models and reporting packages;
- a demonstrable understanding of and commitment to sustainable and responsible investments;
- an excellent academic record including relevant qualifications (mathematical skills in particular);
- numerical and analytical skills with the ability to accurately collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information;
- modelling and reporting skills (written and oral communication and presentation), applying a methodical and logical approach; and
- advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly working with Excel and PowerPoint.
She or he will also have the ability to:
- work in a small, close-knit and entrepreneurial team;
- apply problem solving skills to take an independent lead on the development of processes supporting the provision of key performance indicators and supporting management information, using appropriate tools and techniques;
- liaise with colleagues and third party service providers at all levels of seniority; and
- plan and organise a varied workload to meet specified deadlines.
Download the full job description here.
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter and details of current salary and expectations to email@example.com before 27th March 2019. Candidates should not expect a response before this date. We regret that, due to our small size, it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.