11 Nov Investment Director – Client Investments – Big Society Capital
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help transform the way mainstream financial markets help deliver deep and lasting impact on people in the UK. This is a critical role to deliver our first external social impact investing products.
As the UK’s leading dedicated social impact investor, we are establishing two first of their kind social impact investing products in the UK that will connect investors to opportunities that are helping solve some of the UK’s most entrenched social issues. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion to improve people’s lives to deliver these products in collaboration with the wider organisation and our external partners, and to help design and develop future product offerings.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with specialist skills in investment who wishes to use these to support Big Society Capital to achieve its mission to improve lives in the UK.
Statement of Responsibility:
Working closely with the Deputy Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Director will work across the organisation to deliver our first social impact investing products for clients and help set the future strategy of our client investment offering. The role holder will:
- Construct multi-asset or asset class specific portfolios for client products with the Deputy CIO and ensure all investments meet the client investment mandates on an ongoing basis
- Source investment opportunities for the client products that sit outside of BSC’s proprietary capital and work closely with the Focus Area leads to identify opportunities that would be suitable for the client products
- Liaise with the broader investment team on investments in due diligence being considered for BSC’s proprietary capital and the client products, staying close to the financial and social impact analysis being undertaken. Support due diligence of prospective investments as required, especially on the investment’s contribution to a client’s portfolio
- Recommend investments to the Client Investment Committee with the Deputy CIO, setting out the rationale of why an investment meets the client mandate and strategic asset allocation
- Support the execution of investments, ensuring clients’ interests are represented in the negotiation of legal documents
- Oversee the client portfolio’s financial and social impact performance with the Deputy CIO, working closely with investment deal owners to proactively manage performance. Lead the collation of financial and social impact information to product reports for clients, including an annual impact report and deal level data for an interactive microsite
- Engage with clients with the Deputy CIO and Investor Relations Lead to ensure BSC is delivering excellent client services
- Help shape the future strategic direction of BSC’s client investment offering, including engaging potential new clients and designing products to address some of society’s most entrenched social challenges.
- A passion and demonstrable commitment to creating positive impact,
- Strong investment experience, with experience of detailed analysis, financial modelling and decision making,
- Deal execution skills including comfort negotiating legal documents,
- A strong background in analysis in either the private, social or public sector (e.g. fund management, strategy consulting, private equity or venture capital or investment banking),
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills, including forming collaborative partnerships,
- Work experience that faces the financial sector,
- Proven project management skills,
- Experience of impact investing and/or social enterprises,
- Experience across private asset classes,
- Experience of operating at, working alongside and presenting recommendations to either an executive or board within organisations,
- Experience of managing people and leading teams,
- Computer literacy especially MS Excel and PowerPoint,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Skills, abilities and attributes
- Structured thinker – able to deal with complexity and uncertainty,
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving with multiple stakeholders,
- Self-starter – able to work under own initiative,
- Relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills and able to build relationships at all levels,
- Flexible and willing to work with and contribution to a team,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Hunger for continued learning and development, including developing others
Salary and Terms of Employment
This is a permanent, full time role, open to flexible working,
All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK,
Salary – £60,000-£70,000 (depending on experience),
Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential.
25 days holidays (plus bank holidays and additional closure days). Allowance increases with length of service,
Season ticket loan,
Pension of up to 11% employer contribution,
Flexible working options,
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP),
Private health and life insurance policy.
Please apply through BeApplied: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/fwqxcirnzo,
Deadline – Midday on Sunday 1st December 2019,
Interviews – If your application is successful, you will be invited to a first-stage interview with Big Society Capital in early December. Second-stage interviews will be held in mid-December.