02 Nov Manager, Impact Finance
Allia is an independent not-for-profit with a mission to amplify social impact by helping impact organisations and initiatives to grow.
Our impact finance team creates financial solutions to enable charities and other organisations to amplify their impact. Designing and offering innovative impact investment products, we connect borrowers with ethical investors, helping them raise finance to grow their activities. One of our main programmes is Retail Charity Bonds, which provides charitable borrowers with unsecured loan finance through bonds listed on London Stock Exchange.
Most of this work is carried out through Allia Impact Finance, a subsidiary of Allia which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Social Finance in developing new bond issues, managing existing bonds and ensuring that we meet all our compliance obligations. You will be highly diligent, professional and trustworthy, with strong attention to detail and a love for completing processes. You may not necessarily have a finance background, but you’ll have an interest in impact investment and using your skills to help organisations create social impact.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Social Finance with the development, issue and management of financial products and compliance with all related obligations.
- Develop operations manuals and manage social finance projects in accordance with the manuals and in response to tasks as they arise
- Manage a servicing schedule to ensure that critical actions are taken on specific dates
- Work with the Compliance Officer to maintain the compliance manual and ensure proper procedures are followed
- Manage the compliance programme to ensure that the required checks and actions are made and recorded
- Maintain filing systems and ensure proper storage of documentation and data, including sensitive personal data
- Conduct anti-money-laundering checks
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders, including lawyers, borrowers and bond arrangers
- Liaise with board members to organise meetings and obtain authorisations
- Take minutes, recording and taking responsibility for action plans
- Monitor enquiries relating to social finance programmes and manage responses
- Carry out administrative tasks related to social finance activities
- Anything else as deemed appropriate by Allia and within the individual’s capability.
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes Required
- Extensive experience of working in executive support, administration, project management or similar roles
- Completely trustworthy and reliable, able to work autonomously and highly professional
- Excellent project management skills and experience of setting up and maintaining systems
- Excellent administrative and clerical skills
- Good communication skills and a high standard of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail
- Good IT knowledge with experience of databases/CRM systems
- Proactive, with a high level of initiative
- Excellent team-working skills and the ability to build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Subscribes to Allia’s values
- Experience of working in a FCA-regulated firm or in finance, social investment or with legal documentation may be beneficial but is not essential