11 Jun Senior Business Consultant / Impact Project Lead
We are looking to recruit a Senior Business Consultant to join Prime Advocates in the UK. The Consultant will join a dynamic team in which pro-activity and enthusiasm for the social enterprise and impact investment sector is highly regarded. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial yet analytical and detail oriented. This is a unique opportunity for the successful professional candidate to create new products/ initiatives, transact and influence meaningfully the social entrepreneurship and social impact investment sector.
Start Date: ASAP 2018
- Supporting leading social enterprises to scale and structuring innovative impact investing transactions
- Internal consulting, resource management and growth management of our international consultancy & law-firm
- Project management and growth of impact programmes. Fund-raising and fund-raising strategy
- Client development and sector education work (being an expert in a developed category)
- Market leading systems change work: conceptualisation through to resolution of market issues, finding solutions needed to scale Social Enterprise and Social Finance
- Partner engagement, Prime impact initiative project management and efficiency management. Examples of such transformative Prime impact projects are our: gender initiative Women of Impact, osei-academy.com (international vocational school initiative in West Africa), free accelerator the Social Finance Hot Desk and student Social Enterprise tool the International Social Entrepreneurship Network
Qualifications and experience:
- +4 years’ commercial experience, having work at leading NGO, corporate, finance or legal institutions (MBAs, accountants and corporate finance specialist preferred)
- Fund-raising and deep project management expertise
- Understanding of the business challenges of SMEs/ venture capital and the charities sector
- A professional understanding of social finance or impact investing and social impact measurement
- Experience consulting or in advisory services, with success researching and delivering complex reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, awareness of commercial and personal dynamics, ability to build effective relationships quickly, inspiring trust and confidence
- Experience working effectively independently (in-house or at a client offices) and within a team, and with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable managing tight competing deadlines, with proven ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate fluently with a wide variety of stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy
Prime Advocates is a not-for-profit law firm and social finance consultancy providing legal, strategy and financial advisory support to a range of clients including impact investors, social enterprises and responsible businesses. As a social impact market maker, we support clients who are seeking to positively influence any or all of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Prime Advocates’ unique not-for-profit business model creates a continuous cycle of positive social change. Revenue generated from our fee-paying clients subsidises the pro-bono/low-bono support we provide to innovative social enterprise start-ups who would otherwise not be supported. Alongside the provision of legal, financial, strategic consultancy and impact metric consulting, we accelerate the development of social finance through best practice tools and knowledge sharing. This work is undertaken through the impact projects of our charitable arm, the Prime Advocates Foundation. All our profits are returned to this Foundation to further our purpose.
Interested candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
They should submit their CV, along with a short cover letter clearly indicating their experience in line with the above specification, for the attention of Anthony Murphy to Anthony@primeadvocates.com with the email heading Senior Business Consultant/ Impact Project Lead, Prime Advocates